Meadow Makers Trainee
Want to develop a career in conservation? We’re looking for a Trainee to join the exciting new Meadow Makers project.
Meadow Makers Trainee | Full-time | 6-month fixed term contract, April-September 2021 | National Living Wage (£8.91 /hr, April 2021)
Based primarily at the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) offices (Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire) and working across the AONB area | During Covid-19 restrictions this position will be home based and access to a place to work and broadband will be required
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust (YDMT) is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a strong interest in conservation to become a Meadow Makers Trainee in the Forest of Bowland AONB. You’ll take part in a fully funded trainee programme as part of the exciting new Meadow Makers project. We are particularly interested in hearing from young people keen to develop a career in conservation.
About the role
The Meadow Makers Trainee role offers a wide range of opportunities, combining work-place learning and experience, practical action (including conservation and people engagement), peer to peer learning and the completion of the Meadow Makers training programme. You’ll also have the chance to focus your training around your own interests, supported by a personal training budget.
Working alongside the AONB Meadows Officer and Project Manager you will support the delivery of all aspects of the Meadow Makers project including:
- Assisting in the delivery of species-rich grassland restoration with partners and volunteers, including mapping and monitoring habitats, species surveys and management plans.
- Supporting the delivery of a range of people engagement activities including National Meadows Day activities and a mix of other digital and face-to face learning for a wide range of audiences.
- Helping to promote the Meadow Makers project by writing articles, attending events, producing content for social media, blogs and video diaries.
- Contributing to project monitoring and evaluation, including the production of reports.
- Participating fully in all aspects of the Meadow Makers training programme, completing all five units of the training framework.
What is Meadow Makers?
Led by Plantlife, Meadow Makers is a major new conservation partnership project that aims to restore species-rich grasslands across England and reverse the alarming decline that has seen 97% of meadows eradicated and the remaining 3% teetering on the very brink of extinction.
YDMT is working in partnership with Plantlife to employ one of six Meadow Makers Trainees as part of the project – to work in the Forest of Bowland AONB.
The Meadow Makers project is taking place thanks to the government’s Green Recovery Challenge Fund. The fund is being delivered by The National Lottery Heritage Fund in partnership with Natural England and the Environment Agency.
How to apply
Please download a full job description and person specification below. You can also read more about these positions on the Plantlife website.
To apply please email your completed application form to: email@example.com Please note we do not accept CV’s.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 7 March at 9pm.
Interviews will be held online on Monday 15 March 2021.
If you have any questions about the role please contact us by email Carol.Edmondson@lancashire.gov.uk and we’ll get back to you.