Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust is an independent charity with a mission to support the environmental, social and economic well-being of the Yorkshire Dales. Over the last 20 years we’ve helped deliver diverse and inspirational projects worth more than £28 million.
The Yorkshire Dales is a precious and unique landscape and a vital resource for people and nature. We work passionately and practically to make sure it stays that way.
To conserve or restore the diverse natural and built heritage features which together make up the special landscape of the Dales.
Our core priorities are:
- To bring opportunities for more people from communities both within and outside the Dales to access, understand and benefit from the area.
- To support economic life in the Yorkshire Dales, by providing training jobs and volunteering opportunities.
- To help deliver projects that enable the people and communities of the Dales to live and work sustainably in this protected landscape.
We run and support many projects to deliver our aims, you can find out more about them in the What we do section.
Everything we do is shaped by our six values:
- Sustainability: We strive to work for environment, community and economy
- Creativity and ambition; We innovate in order to succeed
- Integrity: We are open, clear and fair in everything we do
- Valuing people: We develop, respect and listen to our staff, partners, beneficiaries and supporters
- Embracing change: We thrive on new challenges
- Diversity: We welcome and respect all
The Dales and beyond
The Yorkshire Dales is at the very heart of what we do, but many of our projects now involve work that connects the Dales to its surrounding area. Sometimes it’s hands-on practical work – like expanding habitat networks for wildlife. Other work is about connecting with people and communities outside the Yorkshire Dales to ensure that everyone can access, enjoy and value this area.