Use the map to explore our supporter woodlands, created thanks to your tree dedications. Click on each woodland to find out more about it, see photos and download a handy fact sheet with maps and information.
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust (YDMT) has been restoring native woodlands since 1997. Your donations help us to plant trees that are found naturally in the Dales, create habitats that can sustain hundreds of species of wildlife, absorb carbon and enrich the landscape for future generations to enjoy.
Your tree dedications (and lots of hard work) have helped us to plant around 1.5 million broadleaf trees, creating new woodlands of all shapes and sizes throughout the Yorkshire Dales and beyond.
Your tree will be planted in one of our supporter woodlands; we usually designate a new one every year. Our current Supporter Woodlands are at Low Branthwaites, set in stunning landscape just outside Sedbergh, and at Shoe Gate Wood near Pateley Bridge.
Most of our supporter woods have public access, so you can visit as often as you like provided you remain on public rights of way. We also hold Woodland Open Days which offer a chance for you to fully explore the woodlands. If you have dedicated a tree, or have received a tree dedication as a gift, we will invite you to come and visit the woodland which you have helped make possible.
Our aim is to create natural woodlands, so we don’t mark individual trees in any way.
Who owns the woodlands?
All the woodlands are privately owned by farmers, landowners and residents. We co-ordinate the Dales Woodland Restoration Programme, working with partners including the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority and Forestry Commission to create new woodland habitats. We arrange funding, put legal agreements in place to ensure the woodlands are protected, and provide support to landowners. Read more about Dales Woodland Restoration.
Find out more about each of our supporter woodlands by clicking on the map or follow the links below
- Shoe Gate Wood Pateley Bridge 2020-21 is our current Supporter Woodland
- Low Branthwaites Sedbergh 2019-20 is our current Supporter Woodland
- Woodale Wood Nidderdale 2018-19
- Ormsgill Wood Malhamdale 2016-18
- Longridge Wood Bishopdale 2014-16
- Greenwood Leghe Ribblesdale 2013-14
- Harrison's Wood Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty 2011-2013
- Lamberts Wood Wensleydale 2010-2011
- Calm Slate Farm Wharfedale 2009-2010
- Parlour Barn Farm Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty 2008-2009
- Howgill Side Wharfedale 2007-2008
- Chapel Fell Malhamdale 2007-2008
- Thornbrook Wood Ribblesdale 2006
- Pasture Wood Wharfedale 2004-2006
- Westgate Farm Wood Ribblesdale 2004
- Laund Oak Wharfedale 2002-2004
- Skuff Wood Wharfedale 2002-2003
- Witton Fell Wensleydale 2001-2003
- Cross Wood Upper Wharfedale 2000-2001
- Valley of Desolation Wharfedale 1998-2000
- St. Joseph's Wood Wensleydale 1997-1998