Stories in Stone
Stories in Stone is an ambitious programme of conservation and community projects which aim to conserve, enhance and celebrate the unique limestone landscape around the peak of Ingleborough.
Grants of between £200 to £10,000 are available for projects that conserve, enhance, celebrate or increase understanding of the historical and natural landscape of the Stories in Stone area.
What types of projects are considered?
A wide range of projects can be supported, including:
- Protection, restoration and enhancement of historical built features and archaeological remains
- Habitat restoration and creation.
- Educational activities and materials on historical or ecological themes.
- Enhanced public access to built and natural heritage.
- Interpretation of landscape features, geology, built and cultural heritage, and flora and fauna and their habitats.
- Surveying, recording and monitoring of built and natural heritage.
- Investigating and recording the human history of the area, including oral histories.
- Initiatives to train and develop people’s heritage skills.
How to apply
We welcome applications from voluntary and community groups, landowners, farmers and parish and town councils.
To find out more, including the current deadline for applications, please click on the box below.
If you have a project idea or would like more information please contact Chris Lodge our Stories in Stone Project Officer on email email@example.com or call 015242 51002.